Thursday 18 September 2014

Pebble - Winning Customer Satisfaction

2 weeks ago I was not a happy Pebble user. The smartwatch that I got so used to was broke - the display went haywire.

I was disappointed as the watch was still fairly new. Although it was still under warranty, I wasn't sure my problem would be resolved satisfactorily, as there is no local service center at where I am. I emailed the Pebble customer support, described my issue, got a response within 3 days. The person at the other end showed empathy, asked for supporting proof in the form of photos. And another email exchange, I was promised a replacement set.

Just like that.

Slightly over a week after that, I am now a happy Pebble user again, with a whole new Pebble Steel on my wrist. I am impressed with the service, and I think it gives overseas buyers confidence to its products.

With new waves of smartwatches introduced by the big boys, the future is unknown and challenging to Pebble. The next 12 months will be critical for the company to come out with a sustainable plan. Whatever it is, I hope this inspiring startup survives.

Helpful customer service and satisfied users will only do them good.


No comments:

Post a Comment